Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Birthday Treats - Visit to Qian Hu Fish Farm

22 January 2008 - Why, Mummy had been racking her brain for MONTHS on how to spend this day with me. She briefly toyed with the idea of shaking me awake at 3.30am in the morning and hollering in my face - WELCOME TO THE WORLD!!!! (See, she wants to pay me back for THAT sleepless night exactly 1 year ago).
Then she decided that instead of being so cruel, she should just wake Papa up at 3.30am, and then the 2 of them can gaze at me in wonder. But that idea also came to naught aas Papa had to work the next morning, and would not be too amused at being shaken awake for some "frivolous" activity as this would undoubtedly be termed.
In the end, Mummy decided not to interrupt her beauty sleep either, and so she just snored through that historical moment when I descended upon the world, exactly one year ago.

Originally, Mummy told Granny that she wanted to bring me to the zoo to introduce me to all the animals. However, Granny was worried that, being the scaredy cat I've become recently, I would be scared rather than amused at those big big creatures. In the end, she convinced Mummy that Qian Hu Fish Farm would be a much better choice as colourful fish shut away in their tanks would serve the following purposes:
1) I would be able to observe them at a much closer range that I would the lion in its enclosure, for example.
2) They are much more attractive to me than the boring brown/grey/black/green animals at the zoo (that is, if I even see the animals)
3) More hygenic and less smelly than the zoo
4) The Fish Farm being a much smaller place,would be easier ground to cover.
5) (I think this is the most important reason) Granny and Mummy can satisfy their curiosity about the Fish Spa at last.

Me next to my new crab friends. They are quite cute, as long as they don't come near me.

Looking at the tortoises (terrapins??) in their pond, at the Farm's Eco Garden.


I got to feed the koi too! (Though at first I thought it was food for me, but that's another story..)


Mummy('s feet) enjoying herself at the fish spa. But of course as usual she screamed and giggled and wriggled away 20min of the spa, before finally settling down to put the spa to good use.

No comments: