Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Why don't more shopping malls do this?

So much talk about Singapore being child friendly, but so far I've seen this installed at only 2 places - United Square (inside the handicapped toilet only) and Ikea.

For a mum who brings her baby/toddler out alone, this thing is a lifesaver. I don't have to worry about:
1) Squeezing my stroller into the teeny weeny cubicle (and not succeeding)
2) Using the handicapped toilet (yes of course I have to do that, if not I'll probably have to start using adult diapers??!! - I mean, what can I do if my stroller doesn't fit into the teeny weeny cubicle???)
3) My kid sitting down, or squatting down and touching funny things on the ground.
Granted, Singapore is already very baby/child friendly when compared to some other countries, but we should always strive for improvement right? (BTW, the underpass linkway from Novena MRT to United Square - UNFRIENDLY. You go through all the trouble of installing escalators and all, just to have a small flight of stairs leading down to the walkway, from the escalator? What's up with that???)

No comments: